...
Call us Instagram Messenger
Destination and stays in Beaujolais
Destination and stays in Beaujolais Route des vins Group

L’ancien hôtel de Ville

  • Villefranche-sur-Saône

04 74 07 27 40

816 rue Nationale
69400 Villefranche-sur-Saône

Get there (GPS) contact,destination-beaujolais,com Website

Home of the “Echevins” from 1529 to 1928 then offices for the municipality of Villefranche, the current building was reconstructed in 1581 after the destruction of the first house of the city by the Protestants of the Baron of Adrets.

It was slowly added onto on the courtyard side in 1589 and then in 1648. Work was finished in 1660 as indicated by the date in the center of the façade. The building was transformed into a “Maison Commune” (communal home) during the revolution as indicated by the stone with two inscriptions in the passageway and then became the City Hall under the Empire. The buildings in the passageway were restored during the 19th and 20th centuries. The façade on the rue Nationale has three perfectly rounded arcades and an unfinished stone topped by three mullioned windows reflective of classical architecture.

Opening hours

Toute l'année : ouvert tous les jours.