- Priory of Salles-Arbuissonnas en Beaujolais
- Village view of Salles-Arbuissonnas fromBeaujolais vines
- Salles-Arbuissonnas vines in autumn
- Catholic Roman cloister of Salles-Arbuissonnas
- Buds on the vines in Salles-Arbuissonnas
- Guided tour of priory Salles-Arbuissonas
Priory Museum in Salles-Arbuissonnas
Discover the small village of Salles-Arbuissonnas and its Roman Catholic cloister on the famous Beaujolais Wine Road for a real journey back in time.
Located 35 minutes north of Lyon, Salles Arbuissonnas houses the last Roman Catholic cloister in Rhône. This well preserved cloister was built in the 10th century by Cluniac monks alongside a Roman church and other buildings, constituting the priory of Saint-Martin-de-Salles.
By visiting the Priory Museum, you will learn about the unique history of the countess and canoness ladies who lived here.
The programme includes treasure hunts, interactive visits, children's workshops and exhibitions designed to let you and your family discover the fabulous history of this Beaujolais Priory.