Special Covid-19 Information
Vente en ligne sur la boutique avec expédition dès 6 bouteilles.
Click & Collect
Notre caveau de Dégustation-Vente est ouvert tous les samedis de 10h à 18h et sur rendez-vous du lundi au vendredi.
Mesures sanitaires mises en place :
- Formulaire de contact
- Gel hydroalcoolique
- Distanciation sociale
- Sens de circulation
JP Rivière wine estate, near Lyon, is located in the heart of the Golden Stones area, in the south of Beaujolais. The winery produces red, white, rosé wines, with the Chardonnay, Gamay, Pinot Noir and Gamaret varieties.
WHAT BIND US TOGETHER...
Our domain is at first a family affair...
Inherited from our winegrowers parents in Beaujolais since 1963, our ancestors grow the vine during various centuries, but it was Jean-Pierre, our father who was the first generation to let down polyculture to focus on his passion of the vine and the wine. Jean-Pierre and our grandmother Colette started in 1984 in Lachassagne with three hectares of vineyard. They launched direct selling in bottle. They innovated by vinifing the first cuvée of White Beaujolais (chardonnay grape variety) in 1989 while raising their three children: Marine, Alexandre and Pierre-Veran.
Our domain grew gradually to reach 25 hectares with 7 Ha in the Château de Saint-Trys over beautiful clay-limestone soils, typical from Pierres Dorées.
In the 1990s, our domain started a reasoned production, with among other things, sodding vineyards and launched the first cuvée aged in oak barrels. We, the children, grew up starting all our studies concerning wines.
In 2009, our parents enhanced the range of wines of the domain with plots selected in White Burgundy and Chiroubles, while we went to finish our studies in other wine-producing regions in France and in the world.
After an œnologist formation in Changins (switzerland) and a trip in New Zealand and California, Alexandre joined our parents for the 2013 grape harvest.
In 2014, the Rivière family plants new plots with Pinot Noir and a grape variety brought by Alexandre from Switzerland: the Gamaret.
In 2017, the domain started the building of its new barrel fermentation of vinification inaugurated for the grape harvest of September 2018. Meanwhile Marine was ready to come back to the domain to help Jean-Pierre, Colette and Alexandre to develop direct selling. The will to introduce our land of Pierre Dorées, our work and wines, naturally make us creating activities and wine tourism events.
2019 was an excellent year for our domain since it was certified "Terra Vitis", environmental label, unique reference in sustainable viticulture. Due to the effort concerning biodiversity and agro-ecological measures our domain is also certified High Environment Value 3.
THAT EARTH WE BORROW FROM OUR CHILDREN...
To demonstrate our commitment to soils and vineyard we launched the process Terra Vitis. Concretely, undertake to respect the specifications Terra Vitis, it is:
– Promoting a sustainable viticulture,environmentally friendly
– Ensuring the production of healthy grapes and the procurement of high quality wine products. Reducing the residue to the minimal
– Protecting the health of winegrower and employees during the manipulation of inputs
– Used first and foremost the resources and natural regulatory mechanisms
– Maintaining and helping the balance of the soils in the long term
– Seeking and maintaining the biodiversity of our wine-growing region and its surroundings.
– Minimise water soil and air pollution
– Defending, protecting and promoting our terroir Beaujolais Pierres Dorées.
DISCOVER OUR WORK, OUR PASSION:
Our wine-tasting cellar is open every day on appointment, come and taste our wines.
We also offer all year round wine tourism activities on our domain, on appointment:
- Beaujolais’ Mâchon : In the convivial setting of our wine-tasting cellar, you will taste 5 wines of your choice with cold meat and farming cheese, bread and nuts bread. Visit of the vinification cellar with some explanations about our work of winegrower. By reservation, a minimum of 4 persons. 12€ per person
- Oenology class in French or English : Oenology class with the visit of the cellar, tasting of 5 wines with cold meat and farm cheese, bread and nuts. On reservation and customised depending on the level and wishes. For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
- Tasting Choco-Oeno, in combinaision with Fred’s cooking. Discover the mystery of the harmony of wines and chocolate: Cellar’s visit and explanation about the stages of vinification and the manufacture of chocolates follow by the tasting of 4 wines of Domaine JP RIVIERE in accordance with 4 organic and rare chocolates, selected by Fred, chocolatier. By reservation, a minimum of 6 persons. 30€ per person
- New in 2021 : A ride with an e-scooter in collaboration with E-scape ride at the heart of the golden stones through the woods and the vineyard. Then, visit of the cellar and testing of 5 wines. By reservation, 40€ per person.
All our activities are available in vaucher.
We also propose social events and seasonal events throughout the year: Spring open house, Rosé Nuit d’été with two events at the domain in July, visit of the cellar during the vinification all the Saturdays in September from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., fascinating Weekend with a new activity in October, during the open house of November.
Many other activities all year round to be found on our Facebook page ,domainejeanpierreriviere,domainejeanpierreriviere
- Accessible en fauteuil roulant en autonomie
- Personnel d’accueil sensibilisé à l’accueil des personnes en situation de handicap
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Private parking
- Booking obligatory
- Coach access
- Educational visits
- International export
- Motorhomes allowed
- Online shop
- Pets welcome
- Sales on site
- Tourist brochures
- Tourist information
- Aperitif at the wine grower
- Product tasting
Every day throughout the year.
Closed on Sunday.
- AOP Beaujolais
- AOP Beaujolais blanc
- AOP Beaujolais rosé
- AOP Beaujolais rouge
- AOP Bourgogne
- AOP Chiroubles
- AOP Chénas
- AOP Coteaux Bourguignons
- AOP Crémant de Bourgogne