Le Temps du Vitrail offers you its beginner courses in traditional stained glass or ‘Tiffany’. It is in a dream setting, in Oingt one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’, that you will spend this unforgettable day.
The workshops are led by Christelle Mahé, an experienced instructor with many years of professional experience as a stained-glass artist, glass painter and restorer.
She will be able to guide you step by step, in a friendly and warm atmosphere.
The Time of the Stained Glass Window offers you each month, at your choice, two beginner courses in the stained glass window (during the day). (More information and booking: www.letempsduvitrail.com .) One uses the medieval technique (with lead), the other uses the ‘Tiffany’ technique (with copper). We will start with a theoretical presentation of the stained glass technique and tools. Then we will learn how to cut glass. Christelle Mahé, with her experience and professionalism, will guide you step by step to create an adapted model, allowing you to apply the practical and theoretical.
- Drawing of the panel to be made
- Study of the stained glass colouring and colouring of the panel
- Part numbering and coding
- Creation of the assembly pattern and the template
- Cutting the template with 3-blade scissors
- Choice of coloured glasses
- Cutting glasses according to the templates
- Grinding of glass parts (only for Tiffany)
- Leading or copper crimping
- Tin welding
You will spend an unforgettable moment in the workshop that will change your view of stained glass forever…
(Internships are validated from 2 people minimum to 4 people maximum, for better follow-up).
From 01/09 to 30/06, every Sunday.