Jean-Benoît and Tiphaine de Chabannes took over one of the last family domain of the region, within which they work by respecting the environment and soils, concerned about nature and the quality of our wines.
Château de Nervers is a domain which has its own climate: « le climat de Nervers ». Vineyard are planted on a large valley, at 50 km from the north of Lyon, in which wind sometimes dive into violently.
The domain is a valley composed by a large tray delimited at the south and North by two hills which meet at the bed of the Saône to the East. To the West, an overhang of Monts du Beaujolais pushed the clouds and often protect that plateau from storm. If rain partially spare the domain, wind sometimes dive into Nervers’ valley violently.
There are distinguished two sub-climate in that valley:
• At the beginning of the valley,to the West, hills are almost inexistent and the climate is called « les 4 vents », name that perfectly describe it. The dry climate and the terroir « les terrains blancs » allow to obtain Nervers’ wines to be aged.
• On the North hill, the domain’s vineyards facing south over the terroir called « les Midis » give the most fragrant wine of Nervers.
So far, we didn’t appreciate the climate on the label because the name on its own referred to a climate, a terroir and a château.
ACTIVITIES (ON RESERVATION)
*Behind the scene of grape harvest: during grape harvest, go to the barrel fermentation...and find out what the grape becomes once its leaves the vineyard. (Almost 1 hour, free of charge)
* Tasting: commented tasting of our range of wines Brouilly on 3 different vintages, Beaujolais Nouveau, Côteaux Bourguignons and Rosé. (Almost 30 minutes, free of charge)
* Visit and tasting: complete tour of our property: view on the visit and tasting with some explanations about the region history, guided tour of the fermenting room and wine growing cellar then a commented tasting of our wines... (Almost 1 hour and half 8€, )
- Car park
- Guided tours
- Online shop
- Pets welcome
- Sales on site
- Aperitif at the wine grower
- Product tasting
From 05/01 to 20/12
Opening hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 9 am and 6 pm.
- AOP Beaujolais
- AOP Beaujolais rosé
- AOP Brouilly
- AOP Coteaux Bourguignons