The Château de Juliénas dates back to the 13th century and has always been used as a winegrowing estate. It has belonged to the Condemine family since 1907. Today, the estate covers a surface area of 40 hectares and produces 4 appellations: Juliénas, Fleurie, Moulin-A-Vent and Beaujolais-Villages
Today, Thierry Condemine and his wife Aurélie manage this 40-hectare estate.
As a reward for their efforts in terms of the environment, the Château was awarded the Terra Vitis label in 2018, thanks to their sustainable farming practices. They have also begun the process of converting to organic farming practices, and expect to be certified organic by the end of 2022.
The estate also organises wine tourism activities, including:
- TOURS: commented tour of the winery and cellars, following by a wine tasting. Three options to choose from.
- PICNICS: commented tour of the winery and cellars, tasting of our wines, followed by a picnic at the top of Mont Bessay.
Three options to choose from, for lunchtimes or evenings.
- WINE-TASTING TRUCK: Tour of the vineyard in our Volkswagen 1964 campervan. Tastings at the vine plots, served with cured meats and cheeses.
To find out more, go to: https://www.chateaudejulienas.com/oenotourisme
- Personnel d’accueil sensibilisé à l’accueil des personnes en situation de handicap
- Car park
- Private parking
- Click & Collect
- Online shop
- Pets welcome
- Picnic hampers
- Sales on site
- Aperitif at the wine grower
- Product tasting
From 01/11/2023 to 30/04/2024, every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- AOP - AOC Beaujolais
- AOP - AOC Beaujolais rosé
- AOP - AOC Fleurie
- AOP - AOC Juliénas